Building GnuCash

Pedro Albuquerque palbuquerque73 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 16:58:38 EDT 2015

Hi,

I'm doing a full new translation of GnuCash for Portuguese-PT
(European).

I tried to build GnuCash. It returned this message:

'configure: error: Boost 1.53.0 or later was not found and is required
to build GnuCash'

So, I downloaded Boost and installed it. Or at least I think I did?!

I repeated ./autogen.sh
and
./configure --enable-compile-warnings

and the message is the same.

I installed Boost at /home/me/Programs/BootstrapBill.
Could this be the reason why it's not detected by GnuCash installer?

Or is there an alternative way to test the translations?
I'm a very inexperienced user of Linux installs. I just try to follow
simple instructions.

Can someone help, please?

Regards,
Pedro.