Building GnuCash

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Jun 30 17:16:36 EDT 2015

Hi Pedro,

If you want to contribute to the translations you will probably want to
work from the maint branch (for stable releases) instead of the master
branch (for new developments). The difference matters because boost is
currently only needed for the master branch.

So what you can do is this:
go into your git source directory and run

git checkout maint
./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-compile-warnings

That should get you past the boost error.

Alternatively if you do want to build the master version anyway it
suffices to tell the configure script where you have installed boost.

So in that case you configure line would become:
./configure --with-boost=/home/me/Programs/BootstrapBill --enable-
compile-warnings

And lastly I would recommend to set an installation prefix as well to
avoid installation of gnucash in /usr/local/. For that add --prefix=...
to your configure command, for example:

(for maint)
./configure --enable compile warnings --prefix=/home/me/Programs/gnucash

(or for master)
./configure --with-boost=/home/me/Programs/BootstrapBill --enable-
compile-warnings --prefix=/home/me/Programs/gnucash

Note that my mail client has split this command over multiple lines, but
it should really all be on one line.

Good luck !

Geert