Tracking dividends by stock in reports

farleykj farleykj at gmail.com
Fri May 8 23:23:50 EDT 2015

I do this in the way you described, but it's really not any hassle. The thing
is, once you have a transaction that is set up the way you need, with the
dummy split and all, you just have to give it a unique entry in the
"Description" field. Like "Cash Dividend: XYZ". Next time you need to enter
the same type of dividend transaction, as soon as you type in the new
transaction's description field with the same thing (or enough so it
autocompletes it for you) all the splits will automatically be there. You'll
just have to replace the last transaction values with the new ones, and
everything is done for you.

As for whether there is a better way, I think I remember Mike Alexander (the
guy who wrote the Advanced Portfolio report) recently making another method
possible. I just don't remember because things work fine for me as is and I
didn't make any changes.

The most tedious part of all this was fixing all the old transactions to
include the split. But, that's how it goes, I suppose.

-----
Ken Farley