Still frustrated

Matt Humphreys mickeymatt at aol.com
Wed May 20 23:17:38 EDT 2015

Well, I came real close to buying Quicken again.  Got very frustrated with
trying to import from OFX or QFX file formats.  Then bagged that and tried
importing CSV transactions.   This was also maddening until I realized that
to fix my problem I needed to first manually edit the CSV to take the "-"
signs out from in front of all of the withdrawal amounts, because GnuCash
seemed to make this a double negative and turned them into deposits when
trying to import, and obviously not finding matches for the few items that
were already entered.  Argh.  But now that I've learned that lesson maybe
things will be easier, I just wish the help files were more complete about
how to import items in various formats.