Still frustrated

Allan allanhasmail at gmail.com
Thu May 21 09:21:44 EDT 2015

I chose to use GC because I thought it could be knit to other programs
via it's import/export interfaces, and found this really very difficult,
both as an accounting/business management problem and just getting
import/export to work. I'll be working on this for several months no doubt.

On the later, I finally got the Libreoffice calc macro for QIF
import/export at :
http://xl2qif.chez-alice.fr/calc2qif_en.php
to work. Sort of. No menu but Tools->Macros>(hunt around)->(run the
ExportQIF).

Basically, turn off all the security when installing.

It seems to need a new maintainer and documentation (published email
bounces). Not sure how to do that. A small group effort to that end
would be welcome here. I found it extremely helpful, enough to justify
using GC. I could use macro programming tips (or pointer to forum for
this), where to add documentation paragraphs (though the link above
provides the basics). Some template/example spreadsheets to address
various very specific linkages would be a suggestion, i.e. I use
Squareup.com for point of sale, and I might create a process to using
the macro to import sales data/sales tax by jurisdiction/credit card
fees into GC.

Allan