Still frustrated

Art pinaart at yahoo.com
Thu May 21 16:12:52 EDT 2015

I found xl2qif a few years back and it was quite useful for importing my wife's paystub data from Excel into GnuCash, as well as several financial account spreadsheets.I think I just had to tweak some labels in the template and resolve a DOS vs. Unix file format issue with some of the data I was working with. I forgot if I just used Vi or programmatically did the stuff outside of Excel.I don't recall ever exporting anything useful from GnuCash. I've generated reports, but never did any export into external apps, just imports.I too emailed the author, but it didn't matter since I was satisfied with the code and I could tweak it. I can still access the GnuCash database because my back-end is MySQL, though I'm quite careful not to corrupt the database because critical entity are managed with the program vs. the database. - Art