Lost My Backup Files

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 05:47:18 EST 2015

> On 24 Nov 2015, at 10:24, Hassan Raza <hassan at phomes.ae> wrote:
>
> I am attaching print screen of my gnucash In this attachment under the head
> properties there r 4 backup files showing. And if I create the 5th file the
> new backup will be shown on no 1 whereas the 4th one will be removed. The
> same has happened to me. I was trying some changes on my other files and was
> creating backup files for test and whole doing this my actual accounting
> backup file gone on 4th and than 5th number and lost. How can I retrieve it.

Morning Hassan.

I expect your file’s still there, it’s just not visible in your “Most-Recently-Used” list.

Try File=>Open.

You should be careful when opening backup files, as GnuCash keeps its own backups which include date- and time-stamps in the filename (like PHRE.gnucash.20150325170831.gnucash), and if you edit such a file it will be backed up with a file with an even longer name!

Check the manual here:

http://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.6/C/gnucash-guide/basics-backup1.html

Michael