Why are my VAT accounts

andy contact at acorncoopsupport.org.uk
Thu Oct 1 11:27:34 EDT 2015

Thanks David,

I am aware of the two different issues, and I am happy with the work
around of changing the account chart prior to use for new files. However
for many people it will be problematic, unless there is very good
documentation to tell people what to do and it will meant that for many
people their accountant will tell them not to use GNUcash if they are
VAT registered and have just started because the reports it generates
are wrong on a fundamental level for UK accounting. I am ideologically
committed to GNUcash and so will persevere through the problems with
clients.

cheers

andy