QFX imports for Investment accounts

Al atrud at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 17 09:55:55 EDT 2015

 "but I did notice that you do not mention whether it is possible for you to
manually correct those imported transactions to the correct accounts"
I tried to "edit" this new account and point it at my existing account.... I get a "ACCOUNT ALREADY EXISTS" pop up and it fails. Reasonable.  I can only seem to cut and paste the transaction data and then delete the imported account, however I do not get the commission detail  (doesn't exist) so I need to adjust the entry to include same. This seems odd as I am pretty certain that data is actually in the QFX file because Quicken puts this data in its transaction file after import.

After all this a complete manual entry seems easier but I am used to Quicken and it has no problem with QFX imports and investment accounts.  Brokerage accounts almost universally use QFX or CSV,   QIF is not available.  I took a cursory look at CSV and it seemed chaotic so I did not pursue. If CSV is an viable option, then I could use some guidance because what I encountered looked unworkable. As mentioned before, Bank accounts and QFX are flawless so I was expecting the same for Investments accounts. .

ThanksAl