Best way to accumulate taxable IRA income

Ed Fields ed at efields.com
Wed Sep 23 17:32:48 EDT 2015

Hello
Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.
When I make a deposit in my checking account I generally transfer it from
the source of the income, as depicted in the first two transactions below.
  But, how best to handle the third transaction where the deposit must be
added to the IRA Income account?
 Must this be done manually and if so, what is the way to manage the
transfer field?  I use splits for regular income to handle withholding
taxes and insurance but using splits on this transaction type eludes me, so
I manage the income account manually.
Can the Income account be managed using splits?

Thanks
Ed

IRA Account
   Date            Description                         Transfer
   Shares      Price       Buy         Sell
09/16/2015  IRA Withdrawal          Assets::Checking Account       (20)
    5.00                  100.00

---------------

Checking Account
   Date            Description                         Transfer
                Deposit   Withdrawal    Balance

                                                                   500.39
09/16/2015  IRA Withdrawal      Assets::Investments::IRA Account
100.00                        600.39

IRA Income
  Date            Description                         Transfer
    Charge     Income    Balance
09/16/2015  IRA Withdrawal                 Imbalance-USD              -----
      100.00     100.00