Matching problems when importing QFX transactions

Larry Bradley gnucash.stz9z at ncf.ca
Tue Sep 29 11:14:56 EDT 2015

Running gnucash 2.6.3 on Ubuntu.
I am importing transactions from my bank in QFX format - thus using the
generic importer with Baysian matching. Some of the sources that once
imported to the proper category no longer do.

For example, we shop at several grocery stores. All of them except one
get assigned to the GROCERIES account. The 'bad' one gets assigned to
Imbalance. It used to work fine. Various other sources also now
misbehave.

The generic import parameters are set as follows:
Match display threshold=1
Auto-add threshold=3
auto-clear threshold=6

I have the ability to change the database tables if this is what is
necessary to fix things up. I can also write external programs to
manipulate the QFX file before GC sees it.

I have searched the archives but not found anything useful.

Just looking thru the XML and found this entry:

       <slot>
          <slot:key>Metro</slot:key>
          <slot:value type="frame">
            <slot>
              <slot:key>Expenses:Food:Dining Out</slot:key>
              <slot:value type="integer">5</slot:value>
            </slot>
            <slot>
              <slot:key>Expenses:Food:Groceries</slot:key>
              <slot:value type="integer">96</slot:value>
            </slot>
            <slot>
              <slot:key>Imbalance-CAD</slot:key>
              <slot:value type="integer">3</slot:value>
            </slot>
          </slot:value>
        </slot>

Metro is one of the failing matches. The proper match is
"Food:Groceries". I get "Imbalance:CAD" when I import. Can I delete the
"Imbalance" entry?

Any help would be appreciated.