Matching problems when importing QFX transactions

david.carlson.417 david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 21:27:54 EDT 2015

It it always possible to change the assigned account at the matching stage.  It is also important to verify that any match to an existing transaction is correct.  Also, it is possible to change a transaction later, but that does not train GnuCash .

It is somewhat disturbing that bayesian matching seems to have deteriorated for you.  It never did work very well for me.
I know it is very dependent on the actual text in the description field and my banks do not excel in this area.  If your bank has changed something recently due to some change in your account type, new credit card or whatever,  that might make a difference.
 From other related discussions, it seems that once a match has been established  it becomes difficult to re-train GnuCash.  I have no experience to help with that.
David C

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 5 ACTIVE™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone