Importing into stock type gnucash accounts...

Allan allanhasmail at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 21:31:51 EDT 2015

I did experiment with the CALC2QIF creating a dividend import with
something like this:

!Type:Invst
D04/01'15
U37.41
T37.41
NDIVIDEND
YMDU
I1.00
MMDU RESOURCES GROUP INC: CASH DIV  ON     205: AT $.1825   PER SHARE
LAssets:Investments:Stock
^

But I see no way to get it into the various sub accounts. The importer
asks for a single account for the QIF.

I wonder if I could add lines like:

  !Account
N/Account Name

/into the QIF to create the proper split...

If I could figure out the proper QIF file, it looks pretty easy to
modify the CALC2QIF macro. To me, CALC2QIF makes GC much more useful,
and this would add to that further.

Allan