Importing into stock type gnucash accounts...

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 22:19:37 EDT 2015

First, check whether that is still needed for release 2.6.8.  I think that
the report has been fixed so that the security account split line is no
longer needed.  If not...

A partial solution, and the one that I use is as follows.  Import the
oldest transaction then edit it to include the extra split line for the
security account with zero amount.  Then set one or four scheduled
transaction(s) from that transaction to create the rest of the historical
dividend transactions.  Set it to reminder type then when the Since Last
Transaction wants to enter them all at once change all but the first few
back to reminder status so that you can keep track when the company changes
the dividend amount.  Repeat tediously until all the history is in place.
Then the import of the other account transactions should work with the
importer offering to match to those existing dividend transactions.

David C