New to GNUCash

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 03:26:09 EDT 2016

On 5 April 2016 at 15:02, John Angelico <talldad at kepl.com.au> wrote:
>..
> 2. Backup of files (just a .zip is all I need) from within the File Menu

If you do not use saved reports then all you need to backup is the
.gnucash file (which contains all the account definitions and
transactions).  It will be wherever you originally saved it when
setting up your accounts.  You can simply include this file (or
folder) in your normal backup routine.  Alternatively you can use File
> Save As to save a copy somewhere else (on an external drive for
example).  After that don't forget to use File > Open to re-open the
original.

Colin