Importing data from GnuCash files

Steve Collins scollins970 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 17:33:02 EDT 2016

The backup preserved the file hierarchy in a separate folder.  On the
backup, under the "Program Files (x86)" folder is a subfolder labeled
"GnuCash".  In that folder, there are 6 sub folders with various data
saved:  bin, doc, etc, lib, share, and uninstall.  I am assuming that is
the file structure from the original GnuCash program, just in the backup
folder.  Is that a correct assumption?

I guess that is my question--if I copy the contents of those folders into
the new GnuCash folders created when I installed the program on the new
hard drive, will all of that data repopulate if I open the new program and
point it to the appropriate "accounts" file?

Steve Collins
scollins970 at gmail.com