Invoice Formatting (Windows)

Adam gnucash at snowstone.org.uk
Sun Apr 10 05:40:53 EDT 2016

Hi All,

I've been tearing my hair out trying to alter the default invoice format
for GNUCash 2.6.11. I've been trying to alter the easy-invoice.scm
(and/or invoice.scm) file at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\share\gnucash\guile-modules\gnucash\report

To start with, I've just been trying to alter the text about "patronage"
at the end, but nothing I do is reflected in the invoice I create in
GNUCash. Does anyone know the sequence of steps which *ought* to work to
change this text? I I can establish that, then hopefully I can make my
own progress with trial and error, if nothing else!

(As an aside, I'm also pretty confused about the relationship between
the style-sheets, the options and the .scm file, and how to make things
permanent :/ )

Thanks a lot,
Adam