Invoice Formatting (Windows)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 11 10:28:25 EDT 2016

Hi,

Adam <gnucash at snowstone.org.uk> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I've been tearing my hair out trying to alter the default invoice
> format for GNUCash 2.6.11. I've been trying to alter the
> easy-invoice.scm (and/or invoice.scm) file at:
> C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\share\gnucash\guile-modules\gnucash\report

Did you restart GnuCash after you made changes to the .scm file?

> To start with, I've just been trying to alter the text about
> "patronage" at the end, but nothing I do is reflected in the invoice I
> create in GNUCash. Does anyone know the sequence of steps which
> *ought* to work to change this text? I I can establish that, then
> hopefully I can make my own progress with trial and error, if nothing
> else!

Well, this is a report option, so you can change the text from the
report option pages.  If you have an open report it most likely will not
get reset if you change the default in the .scm file.  (I'm not 100% if
that would work or not).

> (As an aside, I'm also pretty confused about the relationship between
> the style-sheets, the options and the .scm file, and how to make
> things permanent :/ )

The .scm file is the report implementation that also includes the
default options.  The options are tweaks you can make to control the
report content.  The stylesheet controls the look-and-feel of the
displayed output.