No user assigned to this accout please check configuation

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 11 10:21:07 EDT 2016

John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> writes:

>> On Apr 7, 2016, at 6:07 AM, jdm7dv <jdm7dv at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I finally got Actions->Online Actions->Issue Transaction
>> Not to be greyed out, but when I click on it I get "No user assigned to this
>> account"
>> I'm in the U.S. using OFX.
>
> OFX does not support that function, only HBCI does and only with a few
> banks in Germany. This is not a GnuCash issue, it's the way the
> banking system in the US works.

That's not exactly true.  The OFX-DC "standard" does support transaction
initiation.  Quicken/Quickbooks uses this functionality, but that's
because Intuit controls both the client and the server!

The issue is that there is no open test-server available for OFX D-C for
the AqBanking developers to test against.  Are YOU (jdm7dv) going to
offer your bank account to the AqB developers to test their OFX
implementation and make sure that when you initiate a $10 transfer it
doesn't accidentally turn into a $1000 transfer?  The AqB developers
certainly don't want to do that.