Hayes Re: incorrect beginning balance on reconciliation

Terri Hayes asl4me at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 11:49:19 EDT 2016

Hi, does any one have any idea 1) how I could come up with an
incorrect beginning balance on my reconciliation?
I am very attentive to my checking account in GNUCash - I Always
reconcile every account - every month when I receive my statements - I
always get zero... (reconciled)

this month I opened up my reconciliation and my beginning balance
(from last month... which was a correct number for the ending balance
last month when I reconciled) was $635.00 different -
do I reconciled - it all came out good - and if I subtract the $635
difference between what was showing in correctly on my "beginning
balance" - I'm at zero. -So I'm still reconcilied and all the entries
are correct -

there is just this odd offset - and I'm not sure where it came from
(so I dont make it happen again)

any ideas?
and 2)
is there any way to go in and correct the beginning balance when its
wrong like this? or do I just have to create a new entry that will
force it to be right?

Thanks for listening
Terri Hayes