Duplicate entries on transfer between bank accounts

Saurabh Nanda saurabhnanda91 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 12:37:38 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am new to GnuCash, and even double entry bookkeeping. I was able to
import my 4 bank account statements with date,description,credit,debit and
balance fields in GnuCash accounts. Thereafter, I created the relevant
accounts related to my transactions and mapped to them from "Imbalance"
account. Now I have a few transactions happening within my own accounts,
say from A to B. If $100 is credited to A from B, both bank accounts will
have transactions in bank statement, A wil have a debit transaction and B
will have a credit transaction. Now if I map both of these transactions to
relevant bank accounts, I will have two same transaction entries of $100 in
each of the accounts. How can I overcome this problem?

Sample Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/USghzGP.png