A trick in quicken that I wonder if it could be included here

Dave H hellvee at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 00:42:52 EDT 2016

If you right click on a transaction you can "Associate File With
Transaction" so I suppose you can add a blank/zero "Statement" transaction
and do it that way. I use a blank/zero "Next Statement End Date"
transaction to remind myself when my next bank/credit card statement is due
but I don't bother attaching the statement to it as I update the date to
push it out a month each time a statement arrives.

Be aware that (from memory) it's only a link to your statement file so if
you move your statements into another folder/directory you'll have issues

Cheers Dave H.