Probably silly Q but see no solution.

Mike gmikwei at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 21:25:51 EDT 2016

Month's ago I setup all my accounts in gnu-cash and have not updated  So
I want to update accounts with current statement balances.  How do I
edit the current balance?  See methods to add/delete... but nothing to
set.  Worked as expected when creating but cannot set values from
received statements.  I only want to enter statement values and not the
tens-hundreds of transactions to maybe get to the same value.

So issue is how can I update the current value in an account?

I'm sure there is a simple solution that is avoiding me. /Should be
obvious but perhaps not.  The more I view around the more lost I get.
doesn't seem to be any answers  I'm sure delete/re-add would work but
then I loose any info on gains/losses...

/TIA, /Mike//
/