Probably silly Q but see no solution.

John R. Sowden jsowden at americansentry.net
Sun Apr 17 02:49:13 EDT 2016

Sometimes I have not completed a fiscal year (posting depreciation,
adjusting payroll liabilities, etc.) but I need to start the new year.
I set up a series of beginning transactions on the first day of the
fiscal year (only assets, liabilities, and equity).  Then I can go back
and adjust the transactions later when I have the correct data.  I have
about 5 transactions with about 15 account changes in each transaction.
If there are no changes that I know about at the time, I still enter the
account with a transaction amount of zero, that way it is easy to adjust
later.

hope this helps,
John