Duplicate entries on transfer between bank accounts

david.carlson.417@gmail.com david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 10:33:21 EDT 2016

    You do not mention which type of files you are importing.  For OFOXfiles you should get an opportuni
Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE, an AT&T 4G LTE tablet

------ Original message------From: Saurabh NandaDate: Sat, Apr 16, 2016 5:33 PMTo: gnucash-user at gnucash.org;Subject:Duplicate entries on transfer between bank accounts
Hello,I am new to GnuCash, and even double entry bookkeeping. I was able toimport my 4 bank account statements with date,description,credit,debit andbalance fields in GnuCash accounts. Thereafter, I created the relevantaccounts related to my transactions and mapped to them from "Imbalance"account. Now I have a few transactions happening within my own accounts,say from A to B. If $100 is credited to A from B, both bank accounts willhave transactions in bank statement, A wil have a debit transaction and Bwill have a credit transaction. Now if I map both of these transactions torelevant bank accounts, I will have two same transaction entries of $100 ineach of the accounts. How can I overcome this problem?Sample Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/USghzGP.png_______________________________________________gnucash-user mailing listgnucash-user at gnucash.orghttps://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user-----Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.