32 bit gnucash won't open in pclos

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 14:21:30 EDT 2016

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 1:48 AM, Harold <hh6199 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I run PCLOS 32 bit KDE and Mate versions and gnucash doesn't open. After I
> click on the icon I see the splash screen briefly and then nothing else. I
> don't have the same problem with the 64 bit version. Has anyone else run
> into this problem or is it just me?

Have you tried opening a Terminal and seeing what messages come up when you
type the gnucash command there? Did it used to open and stopped working, or
has it never worked?

Now to jump ahead to something that has happened to me -- did you make sure
you installed a version of GnuCash that was COMPILED for a 32-bit system?
Was it compiled for your exact release of the operating system?

(I know nothing about your distro -- I gather that online it's called
PCLinuxOS -- so if it turns out you're having a repository issue you'll
probably need to ask in a support forum for your distro.)