Duplicate entries on transfer between bank accounts

Saurabh Nanda saurabhnanda91 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 15:53:25 EDT 2016

Thanks everyone for providing the solutions.

I thought about both the provided solutions before nut just didn't
implement it - deleting the duplicating statements OR creating a mystery
account which should have a zero balance.

The problem is I have 10s of inter-bank transactions like these among 100s
so it'll not be an easy task find out and delete them manually. Moreover, I
will also loose the description of the duplicating transaction. Any other
reliable alternative solution? Isn't this a very general issue for all
gnucash users?

I imported the bank statements in CSV format after formatting the bank
provided excel.