32 bit gnucash won't open in pclos

Doug lemans4 at internode.on.net
Sun Apr 24 18:39:08 EDT 2016

John,
 Gnucash (in PCLinuxOS) has just been updated to 2.6.12. That is what I call
service! The reason why it had not happened before was due to problems with
Guile 2.0. PCLos is a relatively small organisation, so there were other
priorities. When Gnucash seemed not to compile, it must have been placed in
the 'to do' basket.
 I have found the PCLos team extremely helpful over the years. It is a
really easy system to use, & rarely breaks. Its the old story: if it ain't
broke, Don't fix it! Which is why I have stayed with them.

 Ah, well over to try some of the new features of 2.6.12.

 Now all I need to do is work out how I can set up payment tracking for my
rental property. (I would like to be able to generate a transaction to log
the rent when it becomes due, so I can somehow balance it with the rent
payment.)

regards, Doug