32 bit gnucash won't open in pclos

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Apr 25 04:02:23 EDT 2016

On Sunday 24 April 2016 15:39:08 Doug wrote:
> John,
>  Gnucash (in PCLinuxOS) has just been updated to 2.6.12. That is what
> I call service! The reason why it had not happened before was due to
> problems with Guile 2.0. PCLos is a relatively small organisation, so
> there were other priorities. When Gnucash seemed not to compile, it
> must have been placed in the 'to do' basket.
>  I have found the PCLos team extremely helpful over the years. It is a
> really easy system to use, & rarely breaks. Its the old story: if it
> ain't broke, Don't fix it! Which is why I have stayed with them.
>
>  Ah, well over to try some of the new features of 2.6.12.

Doug,

I'm glad the PCLinuxOS maintainers have managed to get gnucash 2.6.x up and running on
your favourite distro.

It's unfortunate they didn't contact us earlier when they ran into trouble. We won't be able to
fix all distro specific packaging issues. However in this case we could have lifted the confusion
early on about the minimum guile version requirement. That would have avoided a lot of
frustration from the maintainers.

Regards,

Geert