32 bit gnucash won't open in pclos

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Apr 25 04:15:37 EDT 2016

On Sunday 24 April 2016 00:08:35 Doug wrote:
> John,
>  wash your mouth!

It seems to me John's reaction was a direct response to the bad name calling the PCLOS
maintainers initiated in the IRC conversation with Mikee.

That's simply not the best way to start a conversation. I'm glad Mike took it relatively lightly
and particularly he shared it on the gnucash mailing list.

To be clear I don't want to turn this into a flamewar between gnucash and PCLOS. On the
contrary even. I'm responding here in hopes to avoid that!

I sympathize with the PCLOS maintainers. Gnucash is a complex piece of software with many
heavy dependencies. I can understand their frustration when these dependencies change. I
have been there myself while working on the Windows port and so is John as maintainer of the
OSX/Quarz port. On top of that, as distro maintainers gnucash is just one of many complex
packages to worry about.

In this case the frustration could have been avoided by talking to us. And this message is also
my open invitation to do so faster in the future.

As said in my previous message, I can't guarantee we can fix all packaging issues but we
certainly can and love to share what we do know.

Regards,

Geert