Direct Deposit assign to invoice (payment: for Rental Management)

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Apr 25 04:22:30 EDT 2016

On Sunday 24 April 2016 21:58:45 Doug wrote:
> I have looked but cannot find how to assign a direct deposit (imported
> by Qif file) to pay an invoice. Surely I do not have to duplicate the
> transaction (from the AR window) then delete the original deposit?

No.

After importing your qif file you can
1. open your direct deposit register
2. right-click on the tenant's direct deposit
3. choose "Assign as payment" from the context menu that pops up
4. in the payment window
   - choose your tenant as customer
   - click on the right invoice
   - verify the amount remains what is actually paid
   - click ok to apply the payment

That should do it. If the invoices are not appearing in the payment window, please verify
you have posted them (and to the proper A/R account in case you have more than one).

Does this clarify the procedure ?

Regards,

Geert