Paycheck Entry Question

Edward Doolittle edward.doolittle at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 17:46:29 EDT 2016

I would set it up like this: make the three loan accounts subaccounts of a
liability account, something like:

Liabilities:Loans:Credit Union:Loan 1
Liabilities:Loans:Credit Union:Loan 2
Liabilities:Loans:Credit Union:Loan 3

Then each pay cheque should have a split to Liabilities:Loans:Credit Union

The total in the Liabilities:Loans:Credit Union tree should be correct.
However, the total in each subaccount is now incorrect. You can fix that if
it's important to you (say if you periodically reconcile each loan
separately) by setting up a transaction which distributes the amount in
Liabilities:Loans:Credit Union into each of the three subaccounts.

After the two transactions the amount in Liabilities:Loans:Credit Union
should be 0, and the amounts in each of the loan accounts should be correct.