Deposit through customer

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Aug 30 10:15:46 EDT 2016

On Tuesday, 30 August 2016 14:46:36 BST Katie Eldridge via gnucash-user wrote:

> On 30/08/16 12:35, S. Sliackus wrote:
> > Katie, thank you for yout answer. From this point I see that GnuCash
> > is not suited for my purposes. I cannot use sub-accounts, as I use
> > them already to split donated amounts among various projects (we have
> > a lot of them). Rising invoices and paying them means additional time
> > for processing - software should save time not double it, so it is not
> > intended for that purpose and I cannot give a try for that.
> > I am sorry for being strict, but I need to be precise with that.
> > Thank you for your time and answer!

Hi Saulius

You can have sub accounts on both ends of the donation transaction.

If I understand you correctly, as donations are made, they may be "reserved"
for specific projects/purposes.  I guess you have Bank sub-accounts for this,
so Bank:ProjectA,  Bank:ProjectB etc.

GC will be quite happy to have a donation transaction which records something
like

Income:Donations:JohnSmith -> 60% Bank:ProjectA  and 40% Bank:ProjectB

But I may not be clear on how you are set up, so YMMV, of course.

Maf.