Font problem? Using Gnucash on a Mac Mini

muzza muzza at gmx.at
Mon Aug 29 22:17:16 EDT 2016

I've tried to follow the advice here
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_get_I_rid_of_strange_unreadable_characters_or_adjust_the_font_size
<https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_get_I_rid_of_strange_unreadable_characters_or_adjust_the_font_size>

I got rid of the problem on the reports headings and the interface, but
still have the problem with report titles, i.e. income statement for ....,
balance sheet for ..., I always get a long list of numbers instead of text.

<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4686348/problem.jpg>

Found this advice by googling:

MacOs: Create a plain text file in your home folder (~ is unix shorthand for
your home folder):
X Window version: ~/.gtkrc-2.0
native version: ~/.gtkrc-2.0.gnucash
with the following contents:

But I'm not a computer whizz and don't really understand where the home
folder is or what the difference between X Window version and native version
is.

Any help really appreciated.