Search Results Report

farleykj farleykj at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 17:53:19 EST 2016

I have always been under the assumption that if I get an "Imbalance-USD"
split in a transaction, that I've made a mistake somewhere and didn't
properly assign part(s) of the transaction to a proper account. For example,
if I've gotten groceries and paid using my checking account debit card, the
transaction should have two entries, the "withdrawal" from "MyBank Checking"
account, and a corresponding "deposit" to the "Grocery Expenses" account.
This is the double entry bookkeeping that the program is based upon.

Is the report a custom report that you wrote, or just the results of the
"Edit->Find..." menu bar command? Or is it one of the standard reports
included with the GnuCash installation? What version of GnuCash are you
using?

-----
Ken Farley