Transactions involving different currencies

rsbrux rsbrux at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 12 15:11:01 EST 2016

Thanks for your quick and comprehensive response!
I deleted all Trading and Imbalance splits, but GC still added them back
incorrectly.
As entered:
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4683299/GC_fund_purchase_as_entered.png>
As balanced by GC:
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4683299/GC_fund_purchase_auto-balanced.png>
I was not given any opportunity to set the exchange rate.

The screenshots also illustrate my problem with the columns.  There is no
right edge to grab on the Account column, because its right boundary does
not extend into the title area.  The nearest right edge that I can grab is
the right edge of the (unlabeled) "reconciled" column, which only allows me
to make the reconciled column wider: not very useful ;-{

I expect dragging a dividing line between columns to move that dividing
line, resizing both the column to the right and the column to the left of
the dividing line, and leaving all other boundaries and columns unchanged.