BACKUP FILES

Chris Good chris.good at ozemail.com.au
Mon Jan 4 18:01:30 EST 2016

> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2016 01:05:37 -0500
> From: Ed Aitken <aitkene at hotmail.com>
> To: "gnucash-user at gnucash.org" <gnucash-user at gnucash.org>
> Subject: BACKUP FILES
>
> Good Morning
>
> I have set up books using GNUCash.
> I love the software.   But, I have a major problem.
> My system has completely crashed and I had to reload the software on a
> new systerm.
> I can';t find any GNU Cash data files on my backup.
> Where can I find them?
>
> Thanks
> Ed Aitken

Hi Ed,

GnuCash puts the main data file wherever you tell it to save it when it is
created.
The FAQ [1] has lots of info about what files are used and where they are.

If you need more help, please advise version details of GnuCash, Operating
System (Windows, OSX or Linux) and what you were using to make your backups.

 [1} http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ

Good Luck,
Chris Good