Beginner Issues with GNUCash

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 17 22:04:24 EST 2016

Although your situation is not something I have direct experience or insight on, two thoughts occur.
One, perhaps you could find some way to add something to your transactions to make them unique, and thus less difficult to confuse.
Second, you might search the lists for discussions of "suspense" accounts--an intermediary account that receives and redistributes these funds on the exact dates at either end, so to speak.
David

  On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 21:14, soulrade<bosemajor at hotmail.com> wrote:   And actually another big problem too, if the transaction appeared in the
Paypal GBP 01/01/2016 and did not get released until 01/03/2016 to the bank
for example. I will either end up looking for both assuming they took place
on the 01/01/2016 or the other way around on the 01/03/2016. When in fact
they both happened on two different days.

So am I correct in thinking that this software in no way will allow you to
specify or keep the description and date once for each side of the DR/CR
transfer?