Beginner Issues with GNUCash

ph hermes phsfca.hermes at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 02:32:19 EST 2016

it's not exactly the same, but this is how i handle reinvested dividends. i
do this manually, but essentially create an account where the dividend
comes in (as cash/ income) and then a day later goes out as a purchase
(reinvested). so at any given time i'm looking for the middleman account to
zero out. i needed to do this so i could account for the delay in
transactions and the fact this dividend was both cash in/ income and cash
out/ investment.

i would expect that for thousands of transactions the importing would be
important, but i found like you too many duplicates and "errors" or
corrections had to be made, almost line by line... but my situation is a
bit simpler....

      ph

          ph

writer ~:~ photographer ~:~ book designer
resident manager
paulahendricks.com