Gnucash won't open

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Jan 21 10:13:17 EST 2016

> On Jan 20, 2016, at 3:37 PM, Nina Rehrig <nrehrig at icloud.com> wrote:
>
> Version 2.6.11 will not open on my macbook air.
> When iOS attempts to verify, nothing happens.  Suggestions?

Well, to start with GnuCash doesn't run on iOS. Fortunately your MacBook Air runs MacOS X, on which it does run.

You've probably set Gatekeeper to only allow applications from the app store. You can check that setting in System Preferences>Security and Privace > General and change it to "Mac App store and identified developers" if you want. If you don't want you can open GnuCash the first time by control-clicking on it and selecting Open from the resulting context menu. That will ask if you really want to open an app that you didn't get from the Mac App store. Tell it that you do.

Regards,
John Ralls