Trouble with OFX and my bank, Kinecta Federal Credit Union

Bill De La Vega billdlv81 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 20:42:39 EST 2016

Hello I am using version 2.6.11  rev f67faa2+ on my Mac (10.10.5).  I am
getting the following error when I try and setup accounts for OFX.

When I setup a new user, I go through the process and the first connection
looks like this.

17:37:15 Retrieving SSL certificate
17:37:15 Connecting to server...
17:37:15 Using old SSL preparation code.
17:37:16 TLS: SSL-Ciphers negotiated: TLS1.2:RSA-AES-128-CBC:SHA256
17:37:16 TLS: Warning - The server has chosen unsafe SSL-Ciphers!
17:37:16 Connected.
17:38:17 Disconnected.
17:38:17 Connection ok, certificate probably received
17:38:17 Operation finished, you can now close this window.

For the next step, when I try and retrieve the accounts list, I get the
following.

17:39:12 Sending request...
17:39:12 Using old SSL preparation code.
17:39:13 TLS: SSL-Ciphers negotiated: TLS1.2:RSA-AES-128-CBC:SHA256
17:39:13 TLS: Warning - The server has chosen unsafe SSL-Ciphers!
17:39:13 Waiting for response...
17:39:13 Parsing response...
17:39:13 Parsing response
17:39:13 Status for signon request: Signon invalid (Code 15500, severity
"ERROR")
The user cannot signon because he or she entered an invalid user ID or
password.
17:39:13 Status for account info request: Signon invalid (Code 15500,
severity "ERROR")
The user cannot signon because he or she entered an invalid user ID or
password.
17:39:13 Operation finished, you can now close this window.

I have tried using my pin instead of my password, I get the same result.  I
have confirmed that I can access my account using the same credentials via
the bank's website.

When I contacted the bank, they said they don't support gnu cash (no
surprise there).  From what I have read so far online, several people claim
to be able to access this bank.  If I try and add an account manually, I
get the same type of error.

Thanks,
Bill