Hayes re: I need a report

Terri Hayes asl4me at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 09:32:47 EST 2016

Hi, I need a report showing invoices not yet paid... in a list..
preferably grouped by company (but can be grouped by due date)..
but a LIST... the account report gives me a cumulative total of whats
due - thats nice - but it doesnt tell me which invoices have not been
paid... when you click the  total - you get a register dump of every
transaction... yeah - somewhere in there are the invoices that have
not been paid - but because payments dont happen on the same date as
invoices - those not yet paid are interspersed among rows and rows of
payments for invoices (both of which I dont care about anymore)...

I have been struggling with this for about 20 hours... (and 3 or 4 years)...
there has to be a way to see this.

help?

ps - I am not a programmer - and I *am* a business owner - so I dont
really have the time to learn to program...
this kind of very basic functionality should not be this difficult -
I'm still reeling that the person who crated the invoice process in
GNUCash didn't include this as a basic report..
I dont get it - what kind of business doesn't need to know a list of
what's outstanding?

Thanks again for any help you can give me.
Terri Hayes