Hayes re: I need a report

Terri Hayes asl4me at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 20:09:48 EST 2016

wellllll....

ok - so I went back and tried again- (make sure its all highlighted ..
mine is not blue... but I got it "highlighted" with several selects
and de-selects... I got it all)

and (??!!) I was rewarded with a list of "unpaid" invoices from 2011,
2013, 2014, 2015 (yes - all unpaid - because they represent all those
invoices that I had created while trying to figure out if I could get
GNUCash to work for me ... all the years I gave it hours and hours
enough to finally give up before I had to roll my business into the
new year - staying with Quicken...

all those invoices are there (gad - how do I get rid of all those
empty invoices?)

BUT

not ONE unpaid 2016 invoice

(and yes - I have several unpaid invoices at this time - this year...)
well  jeeezz... can I not make it any harder for myself?

I'm gonna keep playing with this "highlighting" deal (I already know
those invoices cannot be removed - I've read lots and lots of threads
about other people asking how to get rid of them and being told "you
cant - because its "standard accounting principles" that say you
cannot actually delete anything once you put it in there- so you cant
"cheat" your books...
I'll re-create my account list (next year) and roll into a niave
set... but for this year - I'll just have to scroll through my history
of attempts

I can learn to ignore them - if I can see the 2016 unpaids

which - so far .. is not yet.

Thanks for the idea
I'll be playing with it
Terri Hayes