How can I input opening balance on GNUCash mobile on Android?

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Mar 19 22:49:38 EDT 2016

> On Mar 19, 2016, at 6:05 AM, Akihiro <ameniutaeba1978 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,I'm Japanese. So if I you don't understand my English, please let me
> know to correct my English and solve my problem.I'm quite new to both ledger
> entry and GNUCash.After getting accustomed to another book keeping app on
> Android to keep my daily money transferring,Now I'm trying to change to
> GNUCash.I followed instructions here, above around Figure D.
> http://www.techrepublic.com/article/gnucash-a-powerful-mobile-financial-tool-for-android/
> <http://www.techrepublic.com/article/gnucash-a-powerful-mobile-financial-tool-for-android/>
> But I think the instruction for inputting opening balances don't work.I also
> tried to export data with opening balance from GNUCash on mac into Android,
> but don't know how to import on Android side.If there are anybody use
> GNUCash mobile on Android, please tell me how to input opening balance on
> it.Any comment will be appreciated and thanks in advance.Akihiro

Akihiro,

Your English is fine.
You might find it useful to read our Tutorial and Concepts Guide at http://www.gnucash.org/docs.phtml. There's even a Japanese translation, and while it's a bit out of date most of it is still valid.

Instructions for importing your data into the Android app are at https://gnucash.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/741834-importing-gnucash-xml. Ngewi provides support for GnuCash for Android at https://plus.google.com/communities/104728406764752407046.

Regards,
John Ralls