How can I input opening balance on GNUCash mobile on Android?

森口晃宏 ameniutaeba1978 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 23:06:14 EDT 2016

>> On Mar 19, 2016, at 6:05 AM, Akihiro <ameniutaeba1978 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,I'm Japanese. So if I you don't understand my English, please let
>> me
>> know to correct my English and solve my problem.I'm quite new to both
>> ledger
>> entry and GNUCash.After getting accustomed to another book keeping app on
>> Android to keep my daily money transferring,Now I'm trying to change to
>> GNUCash.I followed instructions here, above around Figure D.
>> http://www.techrepublic.com/article/gnucash-a-powerful-mobile-financial-tool-for-android/
>> <http://www.techrepublic.com/article/gnucash-a-powerful-mobile-financial-tool-for-android/>
>>
>> But I think the instruction for inputting opening balances don't work.I
>> also
>> tried to export data with opening balance from GNUCash on mac into
>> Android,
>> but don't know how to import on Android side.If there are anybody use
>> GNUCash mobile on Android, please tell me how to input opening balance on
>> it.Any comment will be appreciated and thanks in advance.Akihiro
>
> Akihiro,
>
> Your English is fine.
> You might find it useful to read our Tutorial and Concepts Guide at
> http://www.gnucash.org/docs.phtml. There's even a Japanese translation, and
> while it's a bit out of date most of it is still valid.
>
> Instructions for importing your data into the Android app are at
> https://gnucash.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/741834-importing-gnucash-xml.
> Ngewi provides support for GnuCash for Android at
> https://plus.google.com/communities/104728406764752407046.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Hi John,
Thank you for your help.

Now I found my misunderstanding on "Equity" which means "Property" or
"Assets", not "Stock" or "Share" I had thought.

Now I can input Opening Balances of my Current Assets with
"Equity:Opening  Balances".

Accounting English is different from my English understanding, but fun :-)
Thank you.

Akihiro