Beginners question, confused between real bank accounts and gnucash accounts

Terri Hayes asl4me at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 17:06:35 EDT 2016

I do the same thing you're doing with my personal checking and my
business income - it all goes into the same GNUCash file.  I separate
business expenses by created separate register (accounts)... I treat
everything the same way I did when I was using Quicken Home and
Business (which is not dual entry book keeping)... but now I'm more
closely adhering to dual entry bookkeeping standards.

I do not have to be a perfect bookkeeper - I just need to know where
my money came from, and where it went - and how to keep track for year
end business deductions...
I do it all in my one GNUCash file.

I'm a very small business -
this is the easiest way to not become confused

Terri Hayes