Quicken import

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri May 20 19:18:13 EDT 2016

Your initial message implied strongly that it was required to import each account one at a time, rather than it being your choice to import that way. I was trying to clarify that.

When I did the import, I chose to go back to Quicken and clean up the data there, until I got the result I was looking for. As I have said on a number of occasions before, this worked for me because I consistently assigned my transactions to categories. It was easier for me to import the entire data set, see where I had gaps, go back to Quicken, fill the gaps, and repeat the export/import process. Ultimately, I had my entire Quicken dat set in GnuCash, with only a few gaps in the import. That worked for me. Your method would also work.

Cheers,
David