A Death Freeze

Articulot More articulot at gmail.com
Fri May 27 19:23:52 EDT 2016

Hello,

I am running v2.6.12 on XP Pro sp3. My data file is 130kb.

Recently, I added and rearranged some accounts. At session's end I noticed
I could no longer change an account color. As soon as I click in any window
in the Pick A Color dialog, to change a color code, everything freezes and
my CPU pegs to 100% and stays there. (I haven't pushed it longer than 6 or
7 minutes.) I have to force the window closed, crashing GnuCash.

This behavior also showed up in counter windows under properties>counters.
I can edit the numbers of bills and invoices manually. But only after they
come up repeating the same numbers set in the counter windows before the
problem began.

In my attempts to reinstall, I found the same freeze-crash when importing
accounts and transactions into a fresh install of 2.6.12.

I am a little worried about this. Any help appreciated!

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman