TROUBLE WITH DEPOSIT AND WITHDRAWL COLUMNS

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 9 12:15:25 EST 2016

Hi,

Where are you seeing the positive/negative swap?  Are you seeing it in
reports?  In the chart of accounts?  Somewhere else?

When you have an account register open it always shows a "positive"
number but it would vary which column the number is in.  Whether this
increases or decreases the balance column varies based on the type of
account.  So ... assuming it's in a register, what type of account is
this?  You can check it by typing Control-E in the register and it will
pop up the Account Edit dialog which should, in the bottom-left, tell
you the account type.

My guess is that you're either reversing the transactions or you've got
the wrong account type.

Also, how are you entering these transactions?  If via the regsiter,
which register?

Thanks,

-derek