Newbie - Need help with examples

gargameow lipchg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 11:51:37 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I am not very familiar with accounting and new to this software. I am trying
to use this to manage my personal accounts and finances. The following are
my questions. Please help to provide details and examples on where to key in
the values and why. Do bear with me as this is kinda long. Otherwise do
advise or point me to any informational source that I can reference on how
about getting this done. I have read the help file. Not really helping.

1) Borrow money from friend $4000 and use it to pay for insurance premium.
To pay back friend in a monthly installment of $400 without interest. How to
enter this into GNUCash and track it monthly.

2) Borrow from bank of $200,000 to pay for house. Have to pay monthly
interest and bank administration fee. Already paid around $90,000. How to
enter this into GNUCash and track it monthly?

3) Plan for a wedding and honeymoon holiday with estimated amount of $10,000
to be used in 2018. How to use budget to enter this into GNUCash and track
it monthly?

Thank you for your help.